Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tokyo Police Club: Nature of the Experiment review


Here's a really interesting piece of new rock from an up and coming band you might have heard of. Wow that was a mouthful! And so is Tokyo Police Club. Well, they're more like an earful actually.

Feels like everything on this track is pushed to the front of the mix. All the instruments are right at the top of everything and loud, expecially the gritty, slightly over driven slightly clean sounding guitar. I mean it's just weird folks. I know I'm talking in a lot of paradoxes but just listen to the damn thing and tell me if I'm wrong.

It does manage to work though, even with all the contrasts. It's just very inventive and fresh sounding. I particularly like the male and female vocals winding around each other.

those wacky Canadians....god love 'em.....

A Lesson In CrimeTokyo Police Club
"Nature Of The Experiment" (mp3)
from "A Lesson In Crime"
(Paper Bag Records)
Buy at eMusic
Stream from Rhapsody
Buy at Amazon
Buy at Insound
More On This Album

2 comments:

(fake) Son House said...

Damn...you like that crazy new music, too?
I must've missed the meeting that You and Duke went to one day, huh?
Go ahead mama...you tell' em! And when you get a chance...bring me one of them cigars you got...

Ma Rainey said...

Son m' darlin! Hey I got a cigar with your name on it. As for this crraaaaaaaazzyy tune, yeah you right about that! It's like nothin' I ever heard before and I like craaaaaaazy music!

Watch out for what I find this week!