Wednesday, July 30, 2008

the Swedish band Witchcraft


How can you go wrong with a bunch of Swedish guys? Well, you can't really. Their name is what drew me in, I must admit.
Witchcraft is a great name. I've encountered a lot of old time southern magic in my day. But then I listened to them and read up on them a little bit, and these boys play something called "doom metal" which I ain't never heard of before.

I like it. I heard some Black Sabbath too awhile back. They were playing it up in heaven oddly enough! Haw! Anyhow, these guys in Witchcraft sound like a throwback to that old, heavy, gloomy Sabbath sound and it's great!

I looked around for some mp3's to lay on ya, but all I could get is their myspace page. Check it out!

Now I can keep up with Bessie Smith. Metal music is all she talks about since she discovered this italian monk that sings metal songs.

No comments: