Monday, June 16, 2008

Olympic Weightlifter and World-Class Mom


Olympic Weightlifter and World-Class Mom

Athlete and Mom Melanie Roach Speaks Out About Son's Struggle With Autism


Here's a story I saw about an amazing woman. Kinda makes me feel like I didn't do enough today....but it's very inspiring to read about her just the same. Wish I could've had her on one of my tours.

"At 5 feet 1 inch and 117 pounds, Roach is one of the top weightlifters in the world. She is also the mother of three, a politician's wife, a small business owner and has a shot at the Olympics.

"Recently, I've clean and jerked 238," she said. That's 238 pounds hoisted off the ground and over her head.

That's the equivalent of lifting an NFL linebacker over her head.

Here's the the story, and here's the video

Also, here's some resources on autism. Truly amazing woman.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girrrrrl!!
How in the heck you doin? How'd joo get so smart, girrl?!
Last I remember, you was power liftin' a sailor ya damn self.

Holler round at me

Minnie